These are the chopstick rules:Hold your chopsticks towards their end, not in the middle or the front third.
- When you are not using your chopsticks, or have finished eating, lay them down in front of you with the tips to left.
- Do not stick chopsticks into your food, especially not into rice. This is only done at funerals.
- Do not pass food directly from your set of chopsticks to another's. Again, this is a funeral tradition that involves the bones of a cremated body.
- Do not stab food with your chopsticks.
- Do not suck on your chopsticks.
- Do not point with your chopsticks.
- Do not wave your chopsticks around in the air or play with them.
- If you have already eaten with your chopsticks, use the opposite end to take food from a shared plate (such as at the pot luck New Year’s party).
Hardanger Heart progressI’ve finished the hardanger part and added some beads. Now I need to work on making it into an ornament. Stay tuned.