Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Taking a shower in the apartment

Our apartment has a “bath room” that is a separate place from the toilet room. It is a big shower stall with a tiny tub on the side.


The purpose is to get clean using the shower, then soak in the tub. If everyone gets in the tub clean, the water can be reused and reheated.  We don’t use the tub.

Turning on the shower is a complicated and somewhat scary thing and I still don’t do it myself.  Ted does it for me. Isn’t he good?

The hot water heater is this box at the end of the tub.



First you have to close the knobs and fill up the tank.



Then you have to turn on the gas.



I’m not sure about the rest of the stuff, but the pilot light has to be lit and you look for a flame in the little window and crank another knob.



This thing makes the water come from the tub faucet or the shower.



This one controls the temperature.



I do know how to turn the shower off – I have to turn four knobs.  Ted empties the tank. It’s not a very nice bathroom, but it serves its purpose and you get used to it. Plus, it's all part of the big adventure.

No comments: