Monday, March 26, 2012

The Pet Shop

I love cats and kittens.  I like dogs and other animals too, but I’m especially fond of felines. Ted and I were at the mall the other day and stopped in to look at the pet shop.  The kittens and puppies were so adorable, but so expensive.
188,000 yen!

one is 188,000 yen and the other 178,000

I'm not sure, but I think this one is usually 198,000 and is 100,000 yen today

Puppies are only 168,000 yen
We can’t have a pet where we live, but even if we could, I don’t think we could afford to have one.  I’ve talked about this with another student (from California) in my Japanese class.  He, too, was shocked at the price.  There must not be the problem with stray animals and animal shelters here, like in the US. The harsh Hokkaido winters may prevent stray animals from surviving here.  I wonder if the rest of Japan is like Hokkaido when it comes to the cost of kittens and puppies.

                                          In Memory of Monica Moo

She always wanted to help me when I was stitching
Yes, of course, she could read




I miss you Moo!



1 comment:

Kathryn F said...

What sweet pictures of Miss Monica!