I pulled it out this week thinking it might be a stitching project that Okuda San and I could work on together. It’s small and only has three stitches – eyelet, four sided stitch, and buttonhole (not the blanket stitch, even though it is side by side stitches over four threads, just like More Options). I started it one evening and finished the next morning. The buttonhole stitch is done on an angle, changing direction, so I don’t think it is a beginner project. It’d probably be best to learn the buttonhole or blanket stitch straight across first. In addition, it’s a project that requires precision and it’s not easy to take out the pulled eyelet and four sided stitches if you make a counting mistake. The instructions called for tea dyed linen and ecru perle cotton #8 and #12. I had darker fabric, so I substituted DMC 640 in the two sizes of perle cotton because it matched and that was what I had.
|Before cutting away the outside|
The ribbon slid inside the center eyelet.
The corners were tacked to the velour and the little tassels stitched to the edges between the corners. I’m pleased with how it turned out and it was very quick to stitch up. A stitcher can’t have too many little toolie things.