Thursday, July 26, 2012

Men Working

I was out for a walk yesterday and came across two sites with Men Working.  Whenever there is any kind of work going on, from taking down a building to snow removal, there are always men with hard hats and reflective vests on duty to keep the public away. If there is any kind of visibility issue, they will also have big flashlights.
Winter Man Working



 I never see any women doing these jobs.  I’m not saying there are not women doing these jobs, I just haven’t seen any.

In the downtown area near the train station, it looked like men were taking down the roof over the sidewalk.  There were two men whose job was to keep people away and the others were taking down the roof. I’ll probably go back this way again soon to see what this will look like when they are done.





At busy intersections there are under the road walkways.  I usually take the underground walkway so I don’t have to wait for the light to change and also so I don’t get run over crossing the busy street.   Yesterday the steps down were blocked, but I couldn’t read why.  I also couldn’t ask anyone.


There were some big yellow trucks with big hoses going down. 


I wanted to know what was going on down there.  I dare not go down the steps and I couldn’t see anything from the top looking down on either side of the street.


If I were anywhere else I would think they were washing the urine out, but people don’t use the underground passageway as a toilet here.

I just had to cross the street above ground and keep going. The Men kept Working.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Looks like you are correct in your guess of cleaning - as that is what the sign says. But it doesn't say cleaning what!! I love your interesting photos.