Monday, September 10, 2012

The Sun Dragon on a Rainy Sunday

Yesterday was an unusual weather day.  It rained all day and into the night, sometimes coming down hard. I even heard some thunder in the morning.


 
Usually when it rains it doesn’t rain so long or so hard.  Sunday is the day I wash sheets, but I didn’t do any laundry yesterday because of the rain.  I didn’t go out either. Instead, I spent much of the day working on the Sun Dragon.

Working on a class piece after not working on it for a while can be difficult because it is hard to remember what to do. In class, you work a little bit on a lot of different places, but there isn’t time to complete whole sections and there are always a lot of techniques and stitches to try out. It would be good to get right back to work on it after coming home from the class, but really, who does that? 

So anyway, yesterday I worked on different areas of the dragon, going page by page of the instructions to see what I’ve already done and what needs to be done.  Reading the instructions isn’t my favorite thing to do.

I finished the tail, worked on the first part of the fins, stitched the sun in the dragon’s hand, and worked on the wing a bit.


 
I still have a lot to do, but I’m pleased with what I accomplished in a day.

No comments: