Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hakama Pleats

Ted goes to Aikido practice twice a week. All of the participants wear the white pajama looking uniform, called a dogi.  Those who have earned black belt also wear this long black skirt called a hakama. Somehow Ted’s hakama had become all wrinkled, so he asked me to press it. I have to say, I am no good at ironing. Flat ironing is hard enough, but this thing has pleats. It does look better than it did, but still not great.

 

After the ironing was done, I still had time to stitch yesterday.  I finished two more beaded ornaments on the frosted glass.


I also finished the stitching on this sashiko project.  I have an idea on how I want to finish it into a table runner. Maybe I’ll be able to show it to you tomorrow.
 

1 comment:

Margaret said...

My sympathies! I like ironing but the fabric of those hakama isn't too forgiving is it. You are into mass production of your beaded ornaments! Your sashiko has beautiful even stitching.