Thursday, January 10, 2013

First Stitching Finish of the New Year

I finished the stitching on this small vacation project yesterday and wasn’t sure how to finish finish it.  It was a fun piece with quite a variety of stitches for being so small: cross stitch, Smyrna stitch, rice stitch, alternating scotch stitch, lazy daisy, Algerian eye, ray stitch, queen stitch, herringbone stitch, mini-levianthan stitch, straight stitch, and back stitch. I didn’t want to frame it and I didn’t want to leave it to be decided later. I decided it would make a nice pin keep with yellow pins and this yellow fabric for the backing.  What do you think?

 
Now I’m working on the small quilt that is on my New Year’s list.

I still have more to tell you about the vacation, so please check back tomorrow.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I like that pinkeep very much. My younger brother keeps bees on his 'mini farm' and supplies me with honey.