Friday, June 21, 2013

Mystery Solved!

I’ve finished my little mystery bag. I added more tulips and some little detached chain butterflies. I cut out the holes for the draw string and along the button hole stitches across the top.  It’s all stitched in perle cotton.




I closed the seams, using a chain stitch. I like how this finishes and use it on a lot of things.

 
I lined it with a cotton print.

 


So, what is this bag’s purpose?  It’s a bag for carrying my slippers. (Many places you have to take your shoes off at the door and public slippers are available.  I like wearing my own slippers and now I have a bag to carry them.)  I'm very pleased with how it turned out.


 

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Well I would never have guessed a slipper bag but I know just how much you will find it useful. Well done