Friday, July 19, 2013

Kingfisher Start

I’ve decided to work on one of my New Year Resolution pieces – Tanja Berlin’s blackwork Kingfisher.  I traced the design onto the tissue paper and basted the design to the 32 count fabric with red sewing thread, which is removed when the blackwork is completed.  It’s rather time consuming to do this basting, but well worth the time involved. The design areas are small, so I expect there will be a lot of compensating stitches.

 


After removing the tissue paper with the help of some tweezers, I’ve already stitched the first two small areas on the wing.

 


When I’m doing blackwork, I think how much I like doing it and wonder why I don’t do more of it.  I’m probably thinking that about most things I’m working on. There are some people who like to do one thing and that’s what they do, like quilting or counted cross stitch or painted canvas. I like to do many things and never seem to have enough time to devote to them all.

No comments: