Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Blackwork Acorn Finish

I finished my little blackwork border kitchen towel. It was a simple pattern and fun to stitch.  It was done in a double running stitch, so the back side came out fairly neat.

 


 

Next - Catherine Jordan Knot Garden
This was a class I took two years ago when I was still in the US. I’ve worked on it since coming to Japan, but not much.  My friend, Rhoda, who also took the class, is working on hers, so I pulled mine out to work on too. I posted about it here, but I’ve put a few more stitches since then.  Here’s what it looks like now.  (Please excuse the wrinkles).



5 comments:

Margaret said...

I have a knot garden chart but despite being inspired by you beautiful example I must not be tempted. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Queeniepatch said...

Which is the back and front of the acorn tea towel? Both sides look so neat and tidy. Another piece to prove how skilled you are.
The knot garden embroidery will be fun to follow on your blog. I'm I right in thinking there is some paint or crayon added for emphasis?

Pamela said...

You are correct. After stitching the outline, I painted the stone area grey, the gates and walking path round the gardens brown, and the little garden areas green.

Manuela said...

Your kitchen-towel looks fantastic. Your stitiching is perfect.

Greetings, Manuela

Lyndle said...

Love the acorn teatowel. Gorgeous!