Thursday, October 3, 2013

Dream Come True

We had a beautiful clear day and decided to go up to the observation tower. The dragonflies are everywhere.


 
The view from the top is breathtaking.





 
Ted has several big lenses and lots of gear; I have my camera that is the size of a deck of cards.

 
As I was looking in all directions, I noticed what looked like an English Garden far off in the distance.  I think my stitching has me thinking more about English Gardens these days.

 
We took a trail down down down, in the direction of the garden and we found it!
 

 It was probably prettier earlier in the season, but there were still plenty of fragrant roses to see.




 
There is a little gift shop that sells everything with roses, including rose soft serve ice cream.

 
We saw a very large cat that was also visiting the rose garden.

The rose varieties were marked with little signs giving the name in English and in katakana.




This one was my favorite because it tells about living in Japan.

 



4 comments:

Margaret said...

How wonderful that you could discover a new garden. Now you will be wanting to schedule a return visit when every rose is in bloom ;-)

Jessica said...

Big Hokkaido sky.. thanks for sharing.

Queeniepatch said...

It was lucky you went up that tower and found the rose garden, a place I am sure is worth visiting again when more varieties are in bloom.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Very nice pictures! Enjoyed reading about your walk.