Thursday, October 24, 2013

Maruyama Zoo in Autumn

Last year we bought year-long passes to the zoo in Sapporo and we have more than gotten our money’s worth from them.  We really love going to the zoos and aquariums.  Being used to the zoos in the US, where animals have larger spaces, I wasn’t sure I would like the small zoos here. The animals don’t have large places to move around, but as a result, you can be incredibly close and really see the animals. I never get tired of seeing the animals and they all seemed to like the cool fall weather the other day.
















 
Even though I like the reptile house, we only had time for the outdoor animals this trip.  We’ll see the reptiles again in the winter.  There are no giant pandas at this zoo, but I have to say the red pandas are pretty cute.


 

No comments: