I put it together, sandwich style, which is my usual ornament construction. There is a thin layer of batting under the fabric and I stitched the two sides together with green sewing thread. I made the cording with two colors of #5 perle cotton.
Here she is, all ready for the tree.
I was contacted about a month ago by a Japanese tourism organization after someone read my blog, asking me to write an article for their new soon to be launched website. I wrote this article with photos and it was published this week. They changed my paragraph structure a little and added two sentences about animal shows near the end, but I guess I don’t mind. The website looks like a contest, but I think the purpose is to promote Japan. Articles are to be added each day and are translated into eight languages.