Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Work in Progress Wednesday - Vacation Stitching

We returned to Hokkaido and a mountain of snow Monday night. Ted took these photos with his phone from our kitchen window.  Our car is that white lump on the far right, as everyone else had cleared off their cars after the last snowfall.

 
We had a fantastic time, spending the 21st through the 25th in Kyoto, then the 25th through the 5th in Okinawa.  I’ll organize photos and write about the trip in the days ahead, but in the meantime, here’s what I stitched while I was gone.

I’m almost finished with the huck weaving towel.  All that is left is to weave in the ends of the threads and unravel a bit for fringe on each end. I should have a finished dish towel to show before long.

 
I was able to complete quite a bit of the background on this stitch and zip. Stitch and zip kits are great for traveling because they are small and you don’t need a pattern.

 
I didn’t put a single stitch in the kogin bag.  I do hope to make some progress to show in the weeks ahead.

3 comments:

Beth in IL said...

We got snow too! I am bad about taking pictures. Interesting that you are doing huck weaving. My mom bought a box full of huck weaving towels, most of them unfinished with the needles still in them. I plan on taking them to my guild to see if anyone wants them.

D1-D2 said...

Your towel looks pretty. Over here we got freezing rain on Sunday which is now covered by a few inches of snow. Not very fun to drive in.

Anonymous said...

your huck weaving is beautiful. very pleasing colours.