Takamatsu Castle was originally build in 1590 by the first feufal lord of the Takamatsu Domain, Ikoma Chikamasa. The Ikoma Clan governed for four generations, 54 years. It is one of three castles on the sea in Japan.
This castle has been open to the public as Tamamo Park since 1955. The stone walls, the turret, the gate, and the ruins were designated as a national historic site on March 2, 1955.