Sunday, June 26, 2016

"Neko no Te" Cat Cafe Permanently Shut Down

A few weeks ago I wrote about the cat cafe in Tokyo that was closed down for a month for having too many cats and for having sick cats. (You can read about it here).  On June 16th, the government in Tokyo shut the cafe down permanently. This is the first time a cat cafe has had it's license revoked permanently in Japan.  When officials went back to check after 30 days, conditions had not improved. Twenty-three cats were found hidden in a nearby apartment leased by the cafe and the animals had not been taken to a vet to be checked. 


I've heard there is also a cat pub, or izakaya, in Tokyo.  I've not been there, but here is the information I found if you are interested in going.

Neko Bar Akanasu / 猫BAR 赤茄子
Address: Tokyo-to, Nerima-ku, Ashigaoka 1-77-2, second floor
東京都練馬区旭丘1-77-2 2F
Telephone: 03-6915-3166
Open 6 p.m.-12:30 a.m.
Closed Mondays

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Allowing cats in eating establishments is CRAZY! I admit I don't fancy cats, but I don't want dogs where I eat either, unless of course they are service dogs.
xx, Carol