Friday, December 30, 2016

Sleeping and Eating in Okinawa

I stayed at the Estinate Hotel, which was the best of all the Okinawan hotels I've stayed in. It is just a few minutes walk from the monorail station - very convenient! I found a great deal on Agoda.com and paid only 6100 yen a night, including breakfast. Most Japanese hotels have pillows made of chopped up plastic straws, but this hotel had real pillows.    Almost  all of the staff spoke some English and all were friendly and helpful (like when I broke my arm).



There were five breakfast choices, but three had meat, so I didn't choose them. The first day I had the dome pancake with fruit.   The rest of the time I had granola with fruit.  I didn't take pictures every day, but the fruit was not always the same.  Have you heard of dragon fruit? It's the white fruit with black dots.  Oishii!  




One day I ate lunch in my hotel. I chose what was named the "vegan lunch".  It was good and only 700 yen.  


Two days for lunch I went to a restaurant near Shurijo that I've been to many times before.  It's very popular so there is always a wait, but it is well worth waiting for.  It sits in a beautiful garden.  Both days I ordered the banana fish set.  The second day I also had sherbert. The set lunch was 1100 yen and the sherbert 200 yen. 








While waiting for one of my craft classes I had a cold mocha coffee drink at McDonald's.


I didn't have a lot of energy for going out to eat at night so most of the time I ate at my hotel. Okinawa fish and chips is fried tuna, not cod.  I really like pizza and could eat it any time.  



At the Naha airport, I couldn't resist an A&W root beer float.


8 comments:

Jen L said...

Looks like a beautiful place and a nice trip. The pancake looks like something that my parents used to call a Dutch Baby. I have no idea why it was called that!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela,wow such a variety with the food and it all looks so yummy,i am glad you had such a good time.

kiwikid said...

Lots of beautiful foods tomtry there, such a beautiful garden to look around in too.

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Pamela,
Looks like a great hotel!
I love seeing all the different food, especially the vegan meal. DH and I are both Vegetarian and I've really enjoyed seeing seing that if we traveled to Japan there would be plenty that we would be able to eat!
Great pictures! Beautiful bird .... lovely garden!
Barbara x

Beth in IL said...

Thanks for sharing your visit with us. Love seeing the food and the presentation.
Praying for a quick healing for your arm.

Leonore Winterer said...

Looks like at least you got some delicious food out of your trip before your accident!

Von said...

Ok, now I'm really hungry! Everything looks so delicious! What a great time you had. :)

Glenda said...

Such a lovely stone garden it looks so so peaceful, thanks for sharing you days here it has reminded me of many of my memories in Japan.