Sunday, January 22, 2017

Okinawa Museums

I visited three museums this trip.  The first was the Naha City Tradional Arts and Crafts Museum, which is connected to the Center where I took the weaving class and the bingata class. Photos were not allowed and it was a museum of Okinawan Traditional Crafts.   It was small and although the exhibits were nice, once is enough for this museum. I'd do the hands-on classes again though.


The second and third musuems are side by side - The Okinawa Prefectural Museum and Art Museum. I have been to both before, but exhibits change and it's very interesting with a lot of information and displays, so a second visit is good.  Photos were not allowed in the Art Museum, but I did get some photos of interesting displays in the Prefectural Museum.  


These photos are  from outside the museum. 



I'm always interested in the clothing and textiles!  









If I live to be 88, I want this. 



There were many interesting displays, but I didn't take pictures of all of them.  




If you are in Naha, I highly recommend visiting this place.



1 comment:

kiwikid said...

The clothing in your photos is beautiful Pamela.