Tuesday, March 21, 2017

BEBEC Garden Party

I was invited to and happy to attend the first BEBEC Harunoyoseue ga - denigu cafe  or what I called the Garden Party. BEBEC stands for Be Encouraged, Be Emancipated, Community.  The group has other events planned for the coming year, including a Mother's Day flower project, a cooking party, and a Christmas party.   There will also be a radio interview on station KMIX on April 8th at 6 pm.




The first part of the party was making a basket flower garden. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures when we were doing this.  My hands were full of dirt anyway.  It was a very professional presentation on how to take the plants from the container to arrange them in the basket and how to take care of the little garden afterwards.  My thumbs are not green, but I will try to take care of my garden.  





Food preparation is not my strong point so I usually eat very simple meals.  This luncheon was just amazing!  Quite different from my usual fare. Everything was very delicious!   












I really enjoyed this gathering and feel like I've made some new friends.  Thank you for including me!



8 comments:

NADINE said...

I'm so happy for you :D Thanks for those lovely, joyful and sunny pictures !

XOXOXO

Queeniepatch said...

Great flower baskets and friendship!
Salad in a jar is something I have only seen on TV. It seems to be very popular. How was the taste?

Janie said...

Good food and fun, you have an ability to find those two Pam.
Spring is in the air.

kiwikid said...

What a wonderful activity!! I love the garden baskets, that is a great idea, that would be good with herbs too!! Ohhh look at the dogs, is one an Akita?? They look a bit like the chow like we have! The food looks great , so nice to see everyone happy.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Sounds like a great group. The flower baskets are so cute and looks like you DID have plenty to eat. AND you had a pretty day to enjoy being outside. All good things.
xx, Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela ,oh what a wonderful time you had with everyone,such happy memeries,lots of amazing food,so glad you got to go.

Leonore Winterer said...

This looks like so much fun...and the food! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Brigitte said...

This looks like a great get-together with wonderful food. These flowers baskets are so sweet.