Saturday, March 11, 2017

March Medical Update

This round of chemo has really done me in, and it hasn't been pretty.  I'll spare you the gory details.   I had blood work done on Thursday and saw the oncologist yesterday. My blood work reflected how I've been feeling.  The doctor said I have stage two adverse reactions, so I have to take a yasumi (break) from the drug for two weeks.  If my blood tests are better then, I will be able to start taking the drug again, but at a lower dose.


On a good note, I finished the eight weeks of physical therapy, and while my wrist isn't totally back to normal, it's getting closer.  I will continue to do my rihabiri exercises on my own. I'll see the wrist doctor and have another set of x-rays in a couple of weeks. I think stitching has been good for rehabilitating my wrist!  


It is strawberry season in Shizuoka.  I was surprised to see this strawberry running in the Shizuoka marathon last weekend.


12 comments:

Wendy said...

Praying you feel better soon Pamela...may God give you strength and healing in your body. Sending hugs across the ocean to you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela I am sorry you haven't been well, glad your hand is getting better, take care my friend xx

Lin said...

Sending love and best wishes Pamela. Good that the wrist is getting there though. xx

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, not such good news on the meds, but on the other hand great news on the wrist. Prayers for you to continue to heal and to beat that danged C. What a colorful running outfit!! I think the Japanese must be quite a fun loving people.
xx, Carol

Anne said...

I wish you good luck Pamela, I know you have.

Lisa J. said...

I'll send along my love and good wishes as well. Hopefully the break will help you to get back on track with the meds.

kiwikid said...

I hope the break will be good for you and the next lots of treatment a bit gentler. Good to hear your wrIst is improving, will be thinking of you.

Rachel said...

Hopefully your break from the meds will help :)

Does your part of Japan have the white strawberries? I heard the white ones are a cross between a pine berry and a strawberry.

Queeniepatch said...

You are so brave. Here you go on posting daily about embroidery and Kit Kat and Big Tokyo Weekend and we don't know that you are suffering badly with the side effects of the medication. I am so sorry for you, and hope and keep my fingers crossed and pray and wish that your body will get strong enough to fight the battle it needs to fight.
My thoughts are with you.

Brigitte said...

I hope that your blood tests will be better soon so that you can continue the therapy. But very good that your wrist has improved so successfully.

Pam said...

I am so sorry to hear about your chemo setbacks. i know from reading your blog that you have lots of courage to help you thru this time. I am so sorry! I had read about the Japanese obsession with KitKats. I followed the link and saw the full glory of it all!

Leonore Winterer said...

I hope you'll feel better after that yasumi! And I agree, stitching is mandatory - both for your wrist and your mental wellbeing too I suspect :D