Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Designers Continue

I am so proud of and pleased with the work of these stitchers.  Their creativity is amazing!  










Here is my simple purse design.  If you look close, you can see one dragonfly, two butterflies, and three ants. Japanese has counter words that are used with the number, depending on what the thing is - flat, long and thin, machinery, small things, small animals, etc.  I thought these three things would fall into the small animal group (piki, hiki, biki), but found out that butterflies are in the category with large animals (to).    I piki tonbo, ni to chocho, san biki ari. Nihongo wa muzukashi desu!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela wow,i am loving your little purse already and the girls are all concentrating and having so much fun,well done on sharing your beautiful skills.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I just love it when you share pics of this group. The are all concentrating so hard and their work is so lovely. I like your delicate stitching using one of my favorite color combinations.
xx, Carol

Queeniepatch said...

Charming, but I have to say it was hard to find the pike, bike, hiki among the beautiful flowers.
You have got a really good group of students and when you no longer want to tach English you can open a needlework school! The tea break is a bonus!

Beth in IL said...

I agree with Queeniepatch. You can open a needlework school up! Love all their pretty work.

Brigitte said...

It's great to see your little group at work. And their work is fantastic. Like yours. I just love your little purse design

Rachel said...

Everyone's work is wonderful :)

kiwikid said...

Lovely to see the group at work, there is some amazing work happening there.

Leonore Winterer said...

Your design looks lovely, as do all the others. I'm surprised Japanese doesn't have yet another counter for insects!