Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Work In Progress Wednesday - Rose Afghan Progress

I let Mary rest this week and picked up this cross stitch afghan, another of my 17 in 2017 projects.  I completed two more roses.  I usually stitch in hand, but this loose weave fabric makes that difficult, so I am using a hoop.  The little pattern that came with the fabric shows roses in 10 of the 20 squares and pink ribbons tied into bows on the other 10.  I'm not crazy about pink bows, but I don't know if I want to leave those 10 squares blank.   I'll think about that as I continue with the roses.




12 comments:

NADINE said...

lovely, lovely ! :)

XOXOXO

FlashinScissors said...

Pretty roses!
Barbara x

Anonymous said...

Hi Amelia I love this,this is going to be stunning .

Queeniepatch said...

What about stitching hearts in the blank areas?

Manuela said...

So wonderful.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Pamela
Your blanket is so pretty. I like Queeniepatch's idea of stitching hearts between the roses. Or maybe a trio of small hearts step-stacked would be cool. Or not.
xx, Carol

Rachel said...

Where do you get these afgan kits? I've never seen at my local craft stores.

Great progress :) I agree with Carol, maybe hearts. Or perhaps you can look online for a nicer bow design to stitch.

Have a great day!

Pam said...

Just lovely!

Sheryl said...

Hi Pamela, this Rose Afghan is so pretty, I would put a rose bud in the other squares or just leaves. I can´t embroider without a hoop, or everything seems to get twisted up in my hand and my needle pokes through fabric that isn´t to be embroidered.

kiwikid said...

This is very pretty Pamela.

Brigitte said...

Great to see that you made this project one of your 17 this year.

Leonore Winterer said...

Those roses are so pretty! Maybe you could do a mirror-image of the roses and use another colour scheme in the remaining squares? Red or Cream roses might look lovely with the pink.