Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Bad Weather Sunday


Bad weather days are perfect for staying inside and stitching.  Typhoon 21 was on its way and it was a bad weather day.  Not even ducks wanted to play outside, so we were happy to stitch inside.  I finished my crazy quilt bag, so I worked on my kogin project, while the other stitchers worked on their crazy quilt bags.  We continued laughing about secret belly button money.





One person finished her bag on Sunday and it is gorgeous.  She made handles with cross stitch motifs on them.  The inside has two large pockets, plus smaller hexagon pockets for scissors and a pen.  The felt strips hold needles and pins.  It folds and four snaps hold it closed.


inside

outside


These ladies are so creative! They have made so many wonderful details on their bags. Here are the other almost finished pieces. I think I will be able to show finished pieces next time.






Our next project will be a small kogin piece - they will each decide whether to make a coaster or coin purse or card or something else. They think it is funny for me to be teaching them how to do a Japanese technique.  I said I am nihonjin.  A joke!



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela,what a wonderful fun day you had the work is so beautiful,well done ladies xx

Vireya said...

Lots of lovely stitching, and gorgeous results.

Mia said...

Ι think it is raining cats and dogs! Yes, in Greece too! How lovely creations from all of you! I will be waiting to see the finished projects! Kisses, Pamela!!!

Queeniepatch said...

You have lived here long enough and adjusted so well, you have more than right to call yourself 'nihonjin'!
I love the various bags. Using hexagons for the pen and scissors pocket was a great idea.

NADINE said...

Well, I'd say it was raining creativity, on that day ! Such gorgeous works, I'm in awe...

In stitches,
Nadine XOXO

Lin said...

What a great sewing carry bag - a lovely finish. xx

Manuela said...

Wonderful bags. Great Jobs from the ladies.

Beth in IL said...

Those bags are great! It is rainy here so I will be staying inside and working on a stitching project too.

kiwikid said...

Lots of beautiful sewing happening with you. The crazy patch bags are beautiful.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your group is a creative group. I always enjoy reading about it and seeing the pictures you share. I missed the last post about the belly button money. Funny how another language translates to English.
xx, Carol

Brigitte said...

So great what the ladies are working on. That one finished bag looks gorgeous.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a lovely finish! You've been teaching your ladies well. How fun that you're doing a kogin project next - care to take on a remote student? *laughs*