Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 Smalls Stitch A Long - December

This year I planned to stitch the calendar cats for the Smalls Stitch A Long (free charts at Happiness is Cross Stitching).  This month is December and the project finish. Originally I planned to make individual ornaments, but as the months went by, I decided I like how they looked together.  The backing, sleeve, and binding are all the same cat fabric.  I had three Mill Hill black cat buttons, so I added those and a few hexagon cats.  I like it.
  










I'm linking up with Heather, at Stitching Lotus, the hostess of this stitch a long.

16 comments:

kiwikid said...

Love the cats all together too, they look wonderful in the mini quilt.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela your calendar cats look fantastic,i have loved watching you do these cats,lovely work my friend xx

Queeniepatch said...

Cats galore! The blue border was a good choice.

Mia said...

FABULOUS quilt, Pamela. Happy Holidays, my friend.

rosey175 said...

Hooray, what a fun mini quilt! I've enjoyed seeing these kitties appear every month. Do you have a favorite?

Janie said...

Super finish, great stitching and I like your hexi kitty border.

Anonymous said...

I agree that your cats look lovely as a sampler rather than individual ornaments. I wouldn't be able to cut them apart, either! Really adorable!

Ondrea said...

That is such a cute quilt. Love cats.

MartinaM said...

I like the little cats too, and the way you finished it.
Happy new year, Martina

Manuela said...

Wonderful Idea.
I like your new wallhanging and the cats are cute.
Happy New Year.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I like this wall hanging SO much. It is so much better to see the blocks together than in separate ornaments. It is just too cute.

Happy New Year,
xx, Carol

Renee said...

What an adorable finish! Entirely too cute.

JudyC said...

The December cat is cute as always. Love the finishing idea! Congratulations!

FlashinScissors said...

Oh, I love it! So glad you kept the kitties together, they look so pretty and bright! The border really sets them off!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Mary said...

Love how you finished it. Congratulations on your pretty finish.

Leonore Winterer said...

I was wondering how you'd finish those. I'm glad you kept them together - now they'll never be lonely, and they do look great!