Thursday, December 21, 2017

Inuyama Castle

(This is still ticket #1 of my 5 Seishun Ju Hachi Kippu)  


After leaving Hamamatsu, I caught my next train to Kanayama, where I changed trains to Inuyama.  The Seishun 18 Kippu is good for JR trains, but not the Meitetsu train that goes from Kanayama to Inuyama, so I paid 600 yen for this ticket.  I took these photos from the train.






I visited the Sanko Inari Shrine on the way up to the castle, but will write a separate post about that.  Inuyama Castle was established in 1537 and is one of the original 12 castles in Japan.  It is only about a 15 minute walk from the train station. 











You must take off your shoes inside the castle. The stairs are very steep and the original old wood. There are many levels in this castle, so many steep stairs.

















There is a photo display of the 12 original castles.














You can walk outside from the top level.
















(If you are interested in Japanese Castles, check out my Castle Page to see the castles I've visited.)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela wow lovely pics and so very different to the castles in London and Scotland,thankyou for sharing xx

Queeniepatch said...

Were the plum trees in bloom? Already?
I have been to Matsumoto, Matsue and Hirozaki castles and seen the collection of photos, I didn't remember that Inuyama was one of the 12.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful photos Pamela, it is great that these castles have been preserved and are looked after. Great views from the top.

Leonore Winterer said...

Even I have hear of Inuyama Castle. How cool it must be to see all this in person!