Sunday, March 18, 2018

Yabusame

When I was in Odawara, I had the good fortune to see a Yabusame competition.  This was the first time I had seen this. Yabusame is Japanese archery while riding by on a horse. (click on the link above to read more about it and its history). I think it must be a very difficult thing to do.  I was finding it difficult to take pictures of it, let alone do it!  The archers rode by very fast, so I was late snapping the picture.  


This is the "getting ready" area.




I took many pictures of the archers riding by, but sadly, these are the best of them.












After they had all gone through, the rode back slowly and retrieved their arrows.






This was a very interesting competition to see and I hope I get to see it again some day.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela how interesting,looks like one got a bulls eye,thankyou for sharing my friend xx

Vireya said...

Fascinating! And you got enough action shots for us to get the feel of it.

Brigitte said...

That must have been an exciting presentation of their skills.

Leonore Winterer said...

ANd with those super long Japanese bows too! That's very impressive.