Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Himeji Castle - the Outside

(I took a million pictures, so I had to break this into two posts - the  outside and the inside of Himeji Castle.)  


This was my first view - from the train station.



Himeji Castle is known as the White Heron Castle and is a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site.  It is one of the 12 original castles in Japan.








The entry ticket is 1000 yen and is purchased from a machine.






























It was hot and sunny the day I was there, so it wasn't very crowded.  It is a beautiful castle!  Inside photos will be posted in a few days.


(If you are interested in Japanese Castles, check out my Castle Page to see the castles I've visited.)


5 comments:

Jen L said...

Just stunning. The white color and roof line give the castle a sense of feathers gliding in sky. Adding it to my list!

Queeniepatch said...

It is a long-held dream of mine to once be able to visit this beautiful castle.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Is this one of the most impressive places you have visited? The first picture you posted is awe inspiring.
xx, Carol

Jeanie said...

Beautiful photos. One of the most impressive exteriors -- and that view from the train station is something!

Leonore Winterer said...

This really is a beautiful castle - I like how light and pastel coloured it looks from a distance!