Saturday, November 10, 2018

Sumpu Castle Excavation Site

I had visited Sumpu Castle Park many times, but I didn't know about the new excavation project until last week.  My friend and I had a look at it. It reminds me of an archeological dig I read about in a mystery story. What will they find here?




Inside this little building there was a video (in Japanese) on one side and information on the other.













I'll probably go back to see it again.


(If you are interested in Japanese Castles, please check out my Castle Page to see links to posts about the castles I've visited.)







7 comments:

kiwikid said...

It will be interesting to see what is found there. There must be thousands of castles ans castle sites all over Japan.

Queeniepatch said...

What impresses me the most is that the Japanese take their history so seriously and understand the value of knowing how society has evolved. In some countries the school subject History is history, i.e. a thing of the past, i.e. no longer taught.

Mia said...

Beautiful photos, Pamela. Happy weekend, my friend.

roughterrain crane said...

I was surprised to see rocks of the big castle were kept in good condition under the ground for 400 years.

Vireya said...

It will be interesting to see what shows up. There is a new rail tunnel being built in Melbourne at the moment, and doing some archaeological work is part of the process: https://metrotunnel.vic.gov.au/about-the-project/archaeology-and-heritage

Julie said...

Always something interesting to learn about when I visit with you Pam.

Leonore Winterer said...

How interesting! I hope they will find something.