It is sad that there might be a need for this. More and more public-facing businesses in Australia have signs saying that bad behaviour won't be tolerated - including at my doctor's office! I have never seen people being aggressive at any of the places that now have signs, and I doubt anyone who was inclined to be aggressive would pay attention to them anyway.
I have not witnessed an assault on a station master, but I have heard about it on the news several times. Maybe it mostly happens late at night and when the perpetrator is under the influence of alcohol. I think assaults, aggressive harassment and unfounded claims are new trends. Otherwise, why would there be these posters or expressions like pawahara (power harassment), monster parents (who show aggression towards teachers), and ridiculous claims in restaurants (the phrase 'Waiter, there's a fly in my soup' is now 'Hey you dumb waiter, this tea is too hot to drink! Give me a new cup, and a cake as compensation for slow service'). With the introduction of digital screens and social media, we humans seem to have lost our humanity and common sense, and turned into irritable monsters. I bet that, in the future, there will be robotic station masters that you can't destroy with a drunken punch!
It is sad that there might be a need for this. More and more public-facing businesses in Australia have signs saying that bad behaviour won't be tolerated - including at my doctor's office! I have never seen people being aggressive at any of the places that now have signs, and I doubt anyone who was inclined to be aggressive would pay attention to them anyway.
ReplyDeleteI have not witnessed an assault on a station master, but I have heard about it on the news several times. Maybe it mostly happens late at night and when the perpetrator is under the influence of alcohol.
ReplyDeleteI think assaults, aggressive harassment and unfounded claims are new trends. Otherwise, why would there be these posters or expressions like pawahara (power harassment), monster parents (who show aggression towards teachers), and ridiculous claims in restaurants (the phrase 'Waiter, there's a fly in my soup' is now 'Hey you dumb waiter, this tea is too hot to drink! Give me a new cup, and a cake as compensation for slow service').
With the introduction of digital screens and social media, we humans seem to have lost our humanity and common sense, and turned into irritable monsters.
I bet that, in the future, there will be robotic station masters that you can't destroy with a drunken punch!