I read about this interesting quilt-a-long on this Piecework magazine website. This article directs participants to the Park’s website for instructions for blocks 1-6.
The second block is the Churn Dash. There are step by step instructions, as well as diagrams, photographs, and stories. I am using small scrappy pieces of fabric that I have and am hand sewing the blocks.
Both of these designs are among the very first piecework I did when I was a beginner. The Nine Patch was part of a project in elementary school; mine became a cushion. The Churn Dash blocks I made in Japan when I was much older but still new to quilting. If I remember correctly, I made two potholders and then some other things. Making these by hand and publishing them on your blog must evoke a lot of memories, not only for you, but for me, too. THANK YOU, Pamela!
Lovely neat blocks! Hand-sewing these traditional blocks is a good way to get the historical quilt-making experience.
ReplyDeleteBoth of these designs are among the very first piecework I did when I was a beginner. The Nine Patch was part of a project in elementary school; mine became a cushion.
ReplyDeleteThe Churn Dash blocks I made in Japan when I was much older but still new to quilting. If I remember correctly, I made two potholders and then some other things.
Making these by hand and publishing them on your blog must evoke a lot of memories, not only for you, but for me, too.
THANK YOU, Pamela!