Friday, December 12, 2014

Needlequest - Miniature Work 12 December

This month’s Needlequest topic is Miniature Work.  When we lived in the US, I had two doll houses and had made most of the furnishings and accessories.  I couldn’t bring it with us, but maybe I will have another little house again some day.  I saved two little quilts and a rug I made and will try to find them to show later.

In order to participate in the Needlequest challenge, I started a little pillow with 28 count evenweave fabric and DMC floss. I  didn’t like it, so I started a second one with the same colors.  I like it better.

This first one was too clunky

 

To find out what Needlequest is all about and maybe join it, check out Sew in Love.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Working in miniature is hard on the eyes isn't it? I hope you have good magnifying lenses.

Queeniepatch said...

I agree with Margaret, the smaller the stitches the harder on the eyes. The result is usually very impressive and who is now charmed by the world of doll houses.

Elizabeth B said...

So glad you're also into miniatures! I've been itching to get into them for a while and this month's NQ is just what I need. :-)

So, have you moved lock, stock and barrel to Japan? It may seem an odd question, but I know a fair number of people spending some time abroad, but expecting it to be short or medium term, so they still have goods and even homes back 'home'.

Gambatte kudasai! :-)