National Parks Quilt-a-Long - Block 1 Nine Patch
I read about this interesting quilt-a-long on this Piecework magazine website. This article directs participants to the Park’s website for instructions for blocks 1-6. The first block is the nine patch. There are step by step instructions, as well as diagrams, photographs, and stories. I plan to use small scrappy pieces of fabric I have to hand sew the blocks. Will you join me with this Quilt-a-Long?
Nine Patch 12 inch block, plus quarter inch seams.
2 comments:
I won't join in, but will enjoy seeing yours.
The link to the park's website isn't working. It should be https://www.nps.gov/grsm/learn/historyculture/fabric-of-appalachia-part-1.htm
What a great project! By joining in you can learn about American history, the origins and meanings of various quilt blocks, and the techniques for piecework.
I wish I had the time, but alas, I will have to be content with enjoying your progress reports on this project.
I am sure you will have a great time!
Post a Comment