Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 - The Year in Review

Good-bye Year of the Monkey.


All in all it has been a good year.  I'm dealing with some medical challenges, but they are temporary.  They have shown me what kind, supportive friends I have and I am so grateful. 


I am happy to continue living in Japan. This year I have lived and visited new locations and have learned so much.  The culture and history here are incredible.  With all the crazy things going on in the world and especially my own country, I am so thankful to be in such a calm, safe, peaceful place.  


I am pleased with the stitching I have been able to do this year, even though it has been quite a bit less than previous years.  I  am so thankful for my stitch group.  In addition to letting me share my hobby, they have been so helpful to me in many many situations.  


I love my job and my eager, hard-working students.  It is such a joy to work with students who truly want to learn and seem as happy to see me as I am to see them.   


I feel so blessed and so fortunate.  Thank you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post Pamela,Happy New Year to you .xx

Lin said...

Happy 2017 Pamela. I hope it is a better year for you healthiest and look forward to following your adventures in Japan. xx

Manuela said...

I wish you a Happy New Year.

Sheryl said...

Happy and Healthy New Year Pamela.

Bev C said...

Hello Pamela,

All the best for 2017, thanks so much for sharing your adventures in Japan. How lovely to find some stitching friends to share your craft with.

Happy days.
Bev.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Bye Bye 2016!! Glad to see it go. Pamela, I wish you a good New Year with a speedy recovery from you health issues and more stitching and more enjoyment of the Japanese culture.
Happy New Year.
xx, Carol

Von said...

A wonderful look at the past year, Pamela! I'm glad you're in a place you feel cared for and peaceful!