Thursday, October 19, 2017

Izu Peninsula Part 2 - Dogashima

After visiting the gold mine, we took a bus south along the coast to Dogashima. The road was narrow and we had some nice views out the window.

First we took the boat ride where we saw some views of the coast before going in a cave that had a hole in the top.  











This is the cave entrance









After the boat ride, we took a hike and saw where we had been.  















It was a hot day, so we had ice cream cones.  I was surprised to see that it was Hokkaido ice cream!  


There was a giant clock near the bus stop.




We took the bus then the train to Mishima, where we ate dinner at an Italian restaurant.  I forgot to take a picture, but I had a wonderful seafood pasta dish.  


After dinner, we returned home by train. It was a fun day with friends.

6 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Been there, seen it (except the clock). Nice to revisit through your blog.

Mia said...

What a great trip, Pamela. I loved the cave! I would love to visit it only day. There is such a cave, with a hole on top, in a greek island too. The island is Kefallonia and the cave is called "Melissani lake". Kisses, my friend.

Brigitte said...

OH yes, I'm sure it was. Such a great scenery.

Leonore Winterer said...

I believe you had a fun day. That cave with the hole is very cool!

Our photos said...

Beautiful photos!

Sheryl said...

Thank you for sharing the photos, what a lovely day out. Love the clock.