Saturday, May 26, 2018

Arimatsu

Arimatsu is a charming traditional Japanese town, known for its shibori since 1608. I felt like I stepped back in time.  If you visit, I highly recommend staying at Guesthouse Mado, like I did. It's about a five minute walk from the Arimatstu train station and about five minutes from the Shibori Museum.  The owner speaks English and really went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable and happy. The whole place was exceptionally clean and the breakfast was delicious.






All of the buildings in Arimatsu have these four shibori panels that spell out A-Ri-Ma-Tsu in Japanese.
















This is the Shibori Museum








Come back tomorrow to see photos of the museum and my Shibori class!


7 comments:

Vireya said...

It looks like a lovely historic village. I'm looking forward to your next post!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela awesome pics my friend ,what a lovely country you live in xx

Janie said...

Another adventure!
It looks like a nice place to stay.
I'll be back to see your Shibori class photos.

SUWA said...

I didn't know Arimatsu,but very interesting town!
I went to seeing a kilt exhibition with my mother in Nagoya last Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing next your blog!


Queeniepatch said...

It's like stepping into another world!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, we're back in Japan! Looks like a lovely little town, I'm looking forward to learning about your class.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Interesting. I love Shibori and I am eager to see your next posts about your class!
xx, Carol