Thursday, May 24, 2018

Maria Cathedral, K-Mart, and Memorials

Dulce Nombre de Maria Cathedral Basilica 

This Catholic Church stands on the location of the first Catholic Church in Guam, 1669. I read that 85% of the population in Guam are Catholics.





The K-Mart in Guam claims to be the biggest in the world and it is open 24 hours a day.  I've been to Super Wal-Marts and Targets in the US that were bigger than this store, but I didn't shop at K-Marts much, so this may be the biggest one in the world.   



Haitdin Garden -  This little garden park is an interesting rememberance.




War Memorial Park







Senator Angel Santos Park








Beach at sunset




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela what an amazing place ,lots to see and do,thankyou for sharing your experience my friend xx

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It occurs to me that your blog is a journal of each of your days. What better way to look back on the days and years you have traveled and shared with the people you know. An easy access to memories.
xx, Carol

Leonore Winterer said...

So they build their houses on top of stone pillars? I've never heard of that, how interesting!