Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Yamamiya Sengen-jinga Shrine

My tour guide friends invited me to spend another great day with them.  They had a full day planned and they treated me like a queen!  What a wonderful day I had. I appreciate their kindness. 


The first thing on the agenda was visiting the Yamamiya Sengen-jinga Shrine, which is part of the Mt. Fuji World Heritage designation.  This shrine does not have a buiding for worship, but is a remote worship site. Fujisan Hongu Sengen Taishi Shrine was relocated from this original shrine.









It was a gorgeous day and we had the perfect view of Mt. Fuji from this remote worship site.



This area is the very tip of the lava flow from Mr. Fuji.  A stone mound surrounds this remote worship site to protect the sacred grounds.





There is a small information building with toilets near the entrance to the Yamamiya Sengen-jinga Shrine, with a parking lot.




I will soon post more pictures and stories about my day.  Stay tuned...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela wow what a beautiful spot and what a lovely thing for your friends to do and love the pics of Mt Fuji,thankyou for sharing my friend xx

Vireya said...

What a perfect view of the mountain, with the snow sparkling in the sun against the blue sky! It was obviously a very good day for this excursion.

Queeniepatch said...

Mt Fuji is certainly framed!

Julie said...

The Mount Fuji snapshot is stunning.

Leonore Winterer said...

Looks like you had a fun day out, and a great view of Fuji San too!