Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Work In Progress Wednesday - Finished Woven Bag

The end of October I took a weaving class with my friends. 

I knew I wanted to make a bag, but was thinking about the possibilities and was in no hurry to do the finishing.   Finally, it is finished!  I stitched some decorative flowers on the front, made a loop for keys or a fob, put in a magnetic snap, and made two pockets - one wide and one narrow. The lining is from kimono fabric.   I like it.  


Here are my friends' finished bags.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela,wow they all look fantastic,love them all,what a fun class.

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

Blue and white is my favorite color scheme and you nailed it with your pretty weaving. The embroidered flowers really look nice on the woven background.

Brigitte said...

It must have been a lot of fun - first weaving the "fabric", then sewing it together and embellishing it. So great to see your result. I also love to see what the others made.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lovely. Do you think you will continue to weave?
xx, Carol

chitra said...

what a lovely occupation! weaving ! very beautifully done. the bag looks lovely!

Janie said...

Great finish on all three! Thanks for sharing.

Lin said...

Your bag looks amazing Pamela and your friends have made great bags too. xx

Leonore Winterer said...

Your bag looks gorgeous. And really professional too!

Sheryl said...

Lovely bags made by all.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful, great bags made by all.