Sunday, October 20, 2024

Yakuza Dog Poop Arrest

 



Everyone knows the yakuza don’t take any crap. You can’t make this stuff up.  


A 57 year old man, who is a member of the Yamaguchi-gumi yakuza family (Japanese mafia family), was arrested in Asahikawa City Hokkaido. My first thought was - a member of a crime family getting arrested is not unusual news.  But wait, he was arrested for violation of the waste management law. So what did he do, you ask? The police say that on at least two occasions, he failed to clean up his dog’s poop while out for a walk. The man denies the poop came from his dog, but with surveillance cameras and DNA results from the poop and the dog, the police think they have a strong case. 


I have never heard of anyone being charged with this crime before, but the people I see walking their pets always carry a clean up kit. Is it possible that this is more about getting a yakuza member than arresting someone for a nuisance crime? What do you think?

3 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Oh, it's a tough world!

kiwikid said...

Maybe any opportunity is a good opportunity!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela: I think its a little of both, I walk my dog at 04:30 every morning, I do so because it is so quiet and serene, I carry a flashlight with me a bag and a paper towel the towel is to pick up the poo and put in the bag, so many do not pick up what their dogs leave, very sad, it is a misdemeanor to not pick up the poo.
Have a great week.

Catherine