Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Work in Progress Wednesday

New Start - Necktie Remake



Kogin Four Seasons progress - This project is a Stitch A Long with Toki, who blogs at 私がめがねをかけるとき(She blogs in Japanese, but there is a translation button on the top left under the title, if you don’t read Japanese.) Check out her blog to see her progress!


I worked on the Spring section this week. If you are curious, my fabric is about 23 inches by 16 inches. The space for each season is about 4.5 inches by 16 inches, with the remaining space at the top and bottom for the dowels needed to hang the piece after it is finished.


I will start the Summer section before next week’s post.




Summertime Mt. Fuji progress - This week I worked on Sengen Taisha Shrine and the pine tree (Miho no Matsubara).  I also made a Torii at the top of Mt. Fuji.  It looks very small because it is so far away, but it is really very large when you see it in person.



2 comments:

diamondc said...

Pamela: I have seen skirts made from neck ties, so interesting, I am looking forward to seeing both you and Toki's progress on the Kogin Four Seasons, great progress on this projects.
Love the Mt. Fuji design, I am also looking forward to seeing it finished.

Catherine

Toki said...

Your ”Spring“ is so colorful and wonderful.😆
Necktie remake looks interesting. The small Torii gate on top of Mt.Fuji is cute.⛩️