Chocominto Sando
Many people I know in Japan aren’t fond of the taste of chocolate mint. I’ve heard people say it tastes like mouthwash or cold medicine. I think of York Peppermint Patties or Junior Mints, when I hear of chocolate mint (nostalgic, right?) Maybe, you like it or you don’t.
7-11 convenience stores recently came out with a new chocolate mint sandwich. I haven’t tried it, but I think it sounds good. Crushed chocolate chips and mint are mixed with whipped cream and thickly spread on chocolate bread. It sells for 198 yen, plus tax and was released on August 7th all around Japan except Hokkaido and Okinawa.
1 comment:
I love 'After Eight', the after-dinner chocolate squares filled with mint cream. They go very well with a cup of coffee after dinner, as it is both sweet and refreshing.
Most of my Japanese friends, however, say it is like eating chocolate while brushing one's teeth.
When chocomint ice cream was launched in Japan, it soon became popular. I guess the reason is that mint is cool, and ice cream is cold, so they go well together.
However, I am wondering if mint-flavoured whipped cream would match a chocolate sponge cake... I might have to try it, just for fun.
Post a Comment