Lunch at Fugetsuro
Thursday, I met three friends in Shizuoka City and had lunch at a historical place, called Fugetsuro. It was the home of the last Shogun, when the Meiji era began. The three screen shots below came from the Fugetsuro web site.
Lunch was fabulous, although I don’t know what all I ate. We all ordered the Irodori set.
This might have been tofu and wasabi on top.
The bowl with the lid on the lower left was rice, with baby fish on top. The brown bowl was miso soup. The bowl in the upper right was a custard dish with shrimp and something else. In the middle is sashimi (raw fish). The middle right is tempura (battered, lightly fried items). The fan shaped plate held some vegetable/salad items in little dishes. The center front rectangle is mochi on the inside covered with seeds. The fish tasted like salmon, but I think we were told it was mountain stream trout.
The server explained the meal. One person can’t eat shrimp, so one of the dishes was made special for her without the shrimp. I don’t eat meat, so they substituted a vegetable dish for an okra dish that had a sauce or something made from meat for me.
Dessert was ice cream or something frozen.
After finishing lunch, we visited a little museum area about Tokugawa Yoshinobu. He was the 15th/last shogun. His resignation at age 30 in 1867, ended over 250 years of feudal shogunal rule and made way for the Meiji Restoration.
After looking at the museum, we took a little walk around the outside. It’s hard to believe this is in the middle of the city.
I will have another post coming soon about what we did when we left Fugetsuro.
No comments:
Post a Comment