Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Work In Progress Wednesday - Summer One Thread a Week Challenge

I'm continuing with my challenge of stitching at least one thread a week on each project. 


SnowDays - I continued working the mosaic stitch in gray.




Scarf - I added the yellow colonial knots.




Cross stitch and buttons - I added more beads on the upper wings.





Dogwood afghan - continuing with the third square.




Paisley purse - I made the first of nine dorset buttons.  This isn't attached yet, so it may not be in this place in the end.  I will make the other buttons, then decide what goes where.





Sneek Sampler - the chart for this sampler is twelve pages. The part I've worked on so far shows parts of pages 7, 8. and 9.  I think there is another mistake, but I am determined to fix it and not just put it away.




Hardanger Sampler - Linda Driscoll 

Time to add in another project. I don't remember when I last worked on this. It has been a long time and I suspect there is a counting mistake.  I worked on the curls in the center motif this week.



I continue to make progress on my projects.

4 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

You have such a good mix of projects. Seeing a Dorset button again was lovely - I haven't made one in ages.
Your work on the shawl also reminded me of one of my favourites - the Colonial Knot, which is another thing I haven't made in a long time.

Toki said...

Your summer challenge is on track. Filling the gaps between the dragonfly wing buttons with beads is a great idea.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, you certainly know how to keep busy! So many lovely projects.

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely progress! I've always been curious about that Paisley project, and the button is such a beautiful addition. Looking forward to seeing more of it.