Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Work in Progress Wednesday - Summer One Thread a Week

I'm continuing to make progress by stitching at least one thread a week. 


I picked up this previously started ornament start this week and added the silver stars.  I think I will be able to finish the ornament very soon.



SnowDays - gray mosaic stitch finished all the way around.




Scarf - I stitched in three areas - - - 

I stitched a line of feather stitch in multi color and added pink individual chain stitches.



I stitched three pink lazy daisies to fill some open space.



I filled the space in the middle of this paisley with pale yellow and pale blue chain stitches, laszy daisy and little stars.



Cross stitch and buttons - beads on upper wings.




Dogwood afghan - I stitched some outlining in brown and green on square #3.




Paisley Purse - I made a second dorset button.  The buttons are not yet attached.




Sneek sampler - I continued stitching until I discovered the bird was one thread too far to the left. This meant the border and the a, b, c, were also off.




Once again I unstitched it all.




Hardanger Sampler - progress in lower right corner.




Hopefully next week won't require any unstitching.

7 comments:

diamondc said...

Greetings Pamela: nice progress on all your works, I am so interested in seeing the ornament finished, very interesting design, love the daisy's, my favorite flower.

Catherine

abelian said...

Regarding unstitching: my Danish grandmother said, “Once to make it, always to look at it!” And when someone said, “Nobody will ever know…” she’d say “I’ll know.” Your projects are beautiful! Dot

Toki said...

The sneek sampler has very stitches, but I respect for finding mistakes and wanting to redo everything.😌
The scarf has various stitches and is worth seeing.

Queeniepatch said...

Toki-san is right, the scarf is a true stitch sampler and gives us so much to look at. The Sneek Sampler is another wonderful piece. It is no fun to unstitch but it is worth the work when finally the piece is finished and there are NO mistakes.
Do you think you will continue with the One Thread project in autumn and winter, too?

Jeanie said...

This is all beautiful but I especially love the sample.

Lelia said...

Oh my stars, you have so much in your post!!! I see you, too, enjoy button making. I'm a bit new with buttons - do enjoy the creative process with fibers and beads. You are a master!!!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress despite the unstitching that had to happen! I'm especially proud of you for tackling it right away!