Friday, September 29, 2023

Friday Finish - The Mt. Oyama Adventure Wall Hanging

Tuesday, I posted about the Mt. Oyama Adventure with Alice Gordenker and the stitching class with  Quilt Sensei Yawatagaki. This is my finished project. The size is 37"x15". (I see I should have pressed it before hanging it on my laundry pole!) I plan to hang it in my entry way later. I chose this panel because of Mt. Fuji and Miho no Matsubara in the picture.



I really enjoyed this class and the whole day. The stitch group is planning to make our own version of this for our next project.

8 comments:

Jeanie said...

This is really beautiful, Pamela. And extra so because of the wonderful day you enjoyed when you were making it.

Queeniepatch said...

It's the perfect motif for your kakejiku, and every time you look at it you will be reminded of the great outing to Mt Oyama.
Nice finish, too, with perfectly mitred corners.

Lin said...

Lovely finish Pamela, and happy memories. xx

Toki said...

It turned out to be a very nice piece of work.
You know and choose Mt.Fuji and Miho-no-Matsubara. And you visiting both.
This is beautiful and convincing piece of work.

Mylene said...

A lovely finish!

Vireya said...

A beautiful souvenir of your wonderful workshop day.

diamondc said...

Pamela: This is a stunning quilt.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

What a perfect memento of the day you had! It's simple, yet stunning.