Thursday, November 9, 2023

Daidogei Festival 2023

Daidogei is the world cup performance festival held in Shizuoka City. The website said the festival expected 1,180,000 visitors over the course of four days.


I attended several times before the pandemic. 2016, 2017, 2018


There are venues all over the city for performers, with the main ones in Sumpu Castle Park. As I left the train station and walked toward the park, I encountered performers and many spectators.





This one featured three performers on stilts and was very popular.





At the castle venue, people could take a boat ride in the moat.



Lots of people everywhere.



There were sign boards with locations and performers and times listed to help you find where you wanted to go.



There were many vendors with all types of festival "food" and other items. I didn't see anything I wanted to buy.



The performance areas in the castle park were very very crowded. Some people brought small step ladders to be able to see over the crowds.







I went to the festival alone this year and I have to say it was more fun the previous times I attended with friends. This year it was much more crowded than I remember in previous years.

4 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

It's like a quilt show - you enjoy it more with friends!

Toki said...

When the street performance festival started, I had no idea it would become such a large-scale festival.😵

Jeanie said...

This looks like great fun and very festive!

Leonore Winterer said...

Looks like a fun festival, but I agree, things like this are always more fun with friends!