Sunday, November 4, 2018

Daidogei 2018

Yesterday, I met my friend at the train station in Shizuoka, and after lunch at Napoli's pizza, we made out way to Sumpu Castle Park.



I attended this festival last year and the year before so I knew it was going to be good.



This performer was doing something with spray paint.



There were quite a few of these statue performers.




This was my favorite of all the performances! They were fabulous.












We came in on the end of this guy and his tricks with spinning balls.




We thought this was going to be a trapeeze act and it would be above the crowd, but it turned out to be something different.  As the chairs stacked up it was above the crowd anyway, even though it wasn't a trapeeze.





I don't know what this was all about.



This animal made its way through the crowd, scaring children.




The fire performer was much better than my photos show.  





It was a great day! I was tired when I got home, but I enjoyed the festival and my friend's company.


8 comments:

Vireya said...

Wow! A street performers' festival has got to be entertaining!

Those unicyclists do look amazing. And the chair-tower guy. I don't find the statue people as interesting, but I guess they contribute to the atmosphere of the festival.

Janie said...

What an exciting time, a little bit of everything!
And that hippo would be frightening for a little one, they have a very big mouth.

Queeniepatch said...

So many hardworking performers who must have practiced for ages to perfect their art.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I remember your post about going last year. Lots of great entertainment! I wonder if any of them enter the Asian version of America's Got Talent.
xx, Carol

Jeanie said...

There's something extra fun about a good festival and this one looks like it was well worth the trip! So colorful and lots of action.

Julie said...

The unicycle performers look very talented

FlashinScissors said...

Amazingly talented people!

I’m sure all the performers must have spent years perfecting their arts, and most will have had the bruises to show for it! Can’t help wondering about the “statue” people ...... hope they won’t get arthritis or the like for staying still so long!

Great photos, Pamela, thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Barbara xx

Leonore Winterer said...

What a fun festival, I love all those street performers. Two friends of ours did a fire show at our wedding, they are amazing!