Tuesday, November 7, 2023

The Architecture Open House

Last week, one of my students told me about an event his wife was involved with. She is an architect and would be hosting an open house type event with three other architects over the weekend. She designed the home they live in and it sounds quite nice.  A few days later he brought me the post card below with information and the map showing where it would be held. He is proud of her and really seemed to want me to see his wife's work.






Saturday afternoon, I took the train to Shizuoka City and found the location of the gallery where the event was being held. It was a tasteful exhibit, with spaces for each of the four to show information and photo books. My student's wife was not there at the time, but the architect who was there invited me to sign the guest book, which I did. 


I'm happy that my student wanted me to attend and that I was able to do so.

5 comments:

Toki said...

He and his wife must have been so happy that you actually went to the event.😊

Vireya said...

It is nice that he invited you, and that you could go.

Queeniepatch said...

Your student has found a caring teacher in you. It must feel so rewarding for him to know that you went to the exhibition to see his wife's work.

Jeanie said...

That's really nice that he invited you -- and very nice that you actually attended,

Leonore Winterer said...

I just love when spouses 'brag' with each others achievements, it's such a great sign of a healthy relationship!
Sounds like a fun event too.