Saturday, June 29, 2024

Chiaki Matsuse Exhibition at Miho no Matsubara

One of my stitching friends told me about this exhibit at Miho no Matsubara. I had seen this artist's work in 2016 at another museum and liked it, so I was happy to be able to go to this exhibit. A lot of the work involves colorful interpretations of Mt. Fuji. Photos were not allowed in the exhibit, but I did buy a post card.




I walked to Miho, and took a walk around the pine trees.





This is the museum at Miho, where the exhibition was held.



Between Miho no Matsubara and Miho Shrine is this wood walkway.





It was a good day - a long walk, a great exhibition, the ancient pine trees, and kaiten sushi for lunch on my way home.

3 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Charming artwork! It is easy to understand that Japanese people love Mt Fuji.
You had a good outing, didn't you?

kiwikid said...

Sounds like a wonderful outing, lots of beautiful pine trees, I love the prop up wooden things ( I am sure they have a name)

Jeanie said...

Pity there were no photos in the exhibition but you made up for it with the trees. I'm glad it was a good show and you had a good time!